Sunday, April 7, 2013

Brown Stoneware Meets Beautiful Glazes


The last month I have been working with brown stoneware, after several tries last year of working with it an not getting good results I talked to a friend who is a potter and he gave me some pointers to alter the clay.  And viola' it worked!  Here are some of the pieces that I made, any set can be recreated if you are interested, as some of them sold already.


Quilted Flower

I also played with the best glazes to use and I am in love with these colors!
A little shinny, a little rustic and a lot of beautiful pieces!
I could just switch to working with these two glazes and clay for ever.

What do you think?  I'd love to hear your feedback please.

Love Birds

Rice Fields

Blue Buddha

Stick & Stones


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning pieces! Love the glazes on the dark clay!

Linda Starr said...

Wonderful, those don't look like brown stoneware, but I too like trying new clays as the glazes are so different on each type of clay.